Monday, July 14, 2008

Carry On, My Wayward Blog

Well, it's been a long break for yours truly-- an epic, action-packed, mile-a-minute week of driving my out-of-town relations back and forth from Ross to TJ-Maxx. Back at the Campaign Academy "ranch," it looks like I missed out on some pretty cool happenings: visits from Evan Smith, Paul Burka, Matthew Dowd, and a small contingent of bloggers (including the illustrious Eileen Smith of In the Pink Texas). But you know what? I'm not bitter.

I've got data entry.

Yeah, that's right. Forget about the glamor of political celebrity and the pure adrenaline rush of blogging; I'm sitting behind a cubicle wall trying to figure out what to do when voters check off "yes" under sex. Are they subversive or just really enthusiastic? Will this be mistaken for a campaign promise of some kind? Is "9 Hell Cirlc" a street in Austin, or an occult tome from Hellraiser III? These are questions that I can't answer.

Not without a much, much deeper knowledge of handwriting analysis.

No comments: