Saturday, July 12, 2008

Haught for Vaught in Dist. 107

Although I definitely missed walking through the sauna-esque temperatures of the TCDP Headquarters, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my D-Town blockwalking excursion.

After only a few Dallas driving mishaps (getting lost, driving the wrong way on a one way, swerving to avoid getting crushed by an SUV...), we finally reached Vaught's targeted precinct. Michael and I knocked on 50+ doors, speaking candidly about the candidate, like we had known him for years (or atleast had been campaigning for him for years).

"Allen Vaught is the Democratic candidate running for re-election as State Representative this November. He is an Iraq war veteran and a Dallas attorney who stands for strong public education, clean air and water, as well as insurance reform. We would really appreciate your vote this November 5th."

We memorized the his basic campaign material, walked and repeated.

Though most people weren't aware that they even had a State Rep., everyone was friendly and gracious (we did only knock on D doors). I can honestly say that I am confident that the voters we reached will go down ballot for Allen Vaught.

(Sorry. I don't mean to be haughty.)

No comments: