Monday, July 21, 2008

Ex (blog)Post Facto

Oh.
My.
God.

The last couple weeks of Campaign Academy have successfully shown my true colors.
Red, white, and HOT PINK.
The woman inside is really a 13 year old girl.

After throughly flipping out when I received the email informing me that GOVERNOR HOWARD DEAN was scheduled to speak to the Academy, I wondered if anything could top that moment.
Well despite my best efforts to be coy, I had another tremble of admiration when I met the man himself. Emotions ran high as I casually introduced myself to Gov. Dean, and his assistant, Jeremy. As I led the pair to the calling room, I was embarrassed as I stumbled over my words and forgot to offer the pair a bottle of water or a 5-day-old doughnut from the coordinated campaign.

Actually hearing Dean speak was the best part of the whole ordeal. (Strange, I know.) He was genuinely enthusiastic about grassroots organization and political activism. The rhetoric was replaced with solutions and basic campaign ideas. For instance, new technology has made it possible for activists to print out campaign flyers, reordering topics to fit a particular constituency. Gov. Dean is so cool!

No comments: